Cacao Chia Energy Balls
Makes about 30 Cacao Chia Energy Balls
1 cup medjool dates soaked
½ cup almond butter
½ cup pumpkin seeds / sunflower seeds
1/2 cup of cashews (or nut of choice) chopped
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp cacao
1tsp maple syrup
½ cup shredded coconut
1. Remove pit from dates. Soak dates in ½ cup water. Set aside!
2. Add pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, cashews, cacao and coconut to food processor. Blend until chopped but still chunky. Remove and place in a bowl.
3. Add dates and water to the food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Add almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla to dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon or spatula until combined. Chill for 20 minutes in the freezer.
5. Remove from freezer and roll into bite sized balls. Can be stored in the freezer.
Dates: High in natural fibre, so they have a limited impact on blood sugar.
Pumpkin Seed: Great source of zinc to help heal the digestive tract and promote better overall digestion.
Chia Seeds: Great source of fibre, protein, Omega 3, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorous, and manganese.
If you enjoyed this Cacao Chia Energy Balls recipe, please leave a comment below!