Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
This plant-based burger recipe serves 4.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil, plus more for cooking
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients using hands or a fork to mash beans and thoroughly mix (this should form a paste-like mixture that is easy to shape into patties)
3. Divide mixture into four equal balls, and form each into a patty between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick
4. In a medium oven-safe saucepan over high eat, cook patties in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil for 1 minute on each side, or until lightly browned
5. Transfer the saucepan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes
6. Serve patties over fresh greens with desired toppings
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to Marsha Fenwick Nutrition.