Oat and Seed Cookie with Chocolate Chips
Start the day with my Breakfast Cookie… loaded with oats, seeds, fibre, protein and healthy fats. So satisfying too!
This is one of my all-time favourites that everyone keeps asking for! It’s a great, healthy option to make in large quantities to batch freeze and store.
2 1/4 cups quick oats
1 1/4 cups whole spelt flour
1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (can be vegan)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeks
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup whole flax seeds
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons almond butter
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Portion cookie dough using a 1/4 cup measure and place onto lined baking tray.
- Gently flatten cookies before baking. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.