Butternut Squash Soup
It’s that time of year to pull out your favorite sweaters and chunky scarves, enjoy the crisp autumn air and falling leaves, and gobble up everything pumpkin spiced. Warm up with this delicious and hearty Butternut Squash Soup recipe!
· 1½ cups onions
· 1 tsp grated ginger
· 1-2 tsp curry powder
· 1 tsp cumin
· 3 cups organic vegetable broth
· 1 med butternut squash (chopped)
· 3 Bartlett pears (peeled & chopped)
· 2 carrots (chopped)
· sea salt & pepper
· 2 cups filtered water (+ if needed)
· ½ – ¾ cup coconut milk
- Sautée onions until soft
- Add ginger, curry powder & cumin
- Add vegetable broth
- Add the chopped butternut squash, bartlett pears and carrots to the pot
- Add sea salt & pepper to taste
- Add filtered water (if needed)
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-25 minutes or until squash and carrots are tender.
- Blend and stir in ½ – ¾ cup coconut milk
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com