Chocolate Mug Cake For Valentine’s Day
Cooking Time: 90 seconds
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons chocolate chips, plus 1 Tbsp for topping
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice – I use unsweetened almond
- Lightly spray or grease a small, microwave-safe coffee mug and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, sweetener, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the oil and milk.
- Pour the wet mixture (oil and non-dairy milk) into the dry mixture (flours, etc.) and stir vigorously to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mug.
- Microwave on high for about 90 seconds, until the cake rises
- Top with extra chocolate chips if desired, and let cool
Tip: I love to add coconut flakes, raspberries, strawberries or pomegranate seeds for decoration.
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to Marsha Fenwick Nutrition.