Chocolate Nut Hemp Bars
- ½ cup all-natural almond butter
- ½ cup organic honey
- ½ cup coconut oil (plus more for greasing dish)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup hemp hearts (I like Manitoba Harvest)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the almond butter, coconut oil and honey to a pot and melt over low heat, stirring often.
- Once the mixture is well combined, add in the chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9×13 dish that has been greased with coconut oil.
- Place the dish in the fridge.
- Once it has set, cut into bars and serve.
- Store in the freezer so the chocolate doesn’t melt (it does not take long for them to thaw to enjoy!)
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women’s hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to Marsha Fenwick Nutrition.