Healing Bone Broth
A nourishing bone broth that can be made on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. Drink this healing bone broth daily as a tonic, as desired.
Prep Time 30 min | Cook Time 8-12 hrs
- 1 kg marrow bones – organic grass fed marrow bones from beef, poultry or fish
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 12 cups filtered water (minimum enough to cover bones)
- Vegetables – carrots, celery leek, onions, parsley as desired
- Place all of the ingredients into a large stockpot and bring to the boil (make sure the bones are covered; if not, add more water)
- Once it reaches boiling point, cover the pot, turn the heat down and simmer for anywhere between 8 -12 hours. The longer it is cooked for the more nutrients, minerals and collagen you will draw out of the bones. Continue to top broth up with more water if it slowly boils off.
- Add desired vegetables for the last hour for more flavor and nutrients.
- Turn the heat off, let the stock cool.
Can be frozen in an ice cube tray or glass container or left in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Share this healing bone broth recipe with your friends!