Hearty Cruciferous Vegetable Soup
Craving some comfort food on these cool fall days? Try this hearty cruciferous vegetable soup recipe, sure to warm your bones!
Cruciferous Veggies for Breast Health & Cancer Prevention
Cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens are high in Vitamin A and C and rich in phytochemicals called indoles and sulforaphane. These antioxidants are able to help fight cancer by neutralizing toxins and carcinogens. Not only do they reduce the risk of developing breast cancer, but studies also found that they may also prevent breast cancer from returning.
Serves 8 – 10
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower (medium) chopped
- 2 smaller heads of broccoli chopped
- 1 medium size sweet potato chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp EVOO or coconut oil
- 1/2 carton low sodium organic vegetable broth (IMAGINE brand) + water to desired consistency
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and cook for approx. 5– 10 min with onion and garlic.
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to boil and then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Puree with hand blender and serve! Add salt and pepper to taste