Homemade Protein Bars
I finally perfected this Homemade Protein Bar recipe and it’s a big hit! It contains a fantastic blend of ingredients including healthy fats and proteins, and is also nutrient dense; a deliciously satisfying snack for kids and adults alike!
As a nutritionist who always had a sweet tooth and grazed all day, I focus on 3 balanced meals and a small afternoon treat when needed. This protein bar recipe does the job. There are all different kinds of protein bars out there so read labels carefully or give this one bowl recipe a try. The topping of sesame seeds is also a great source of calcium and crunch!! I’m so excited for you to try them!
- ½ cup runny almond butter, melted
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup natural honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds for delicious topping
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the others. Mix together well!
- Pour all ingredients together in square pan and press firmly,
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top ( I like the black and white combo).
- Cut into bars or squares as desired and store in fridge.
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women’s hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to Marsha Fenwick Nutrition.