Kale Avocado Salad Recipe
This fresh and entirely green kale salad is paired perfectly with avocado, delicious toppings and a simple, delicate dressing.
- 2 bunches of kale, stem removed
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Broccoli or sunflower sprouts to top
- ½ cup grain of choice if desired
- ( I like farro or wheatberries)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp garlic, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
1. Wash kale in a colander. Massage leaves with your hands for 2-3 minutes
2. Chop kale into bite sized pieces
3. Toss kale, carrots and almonds together in a bowl
4. To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined
5. Add dressing to kale mixture and toss well
6. Add cherry tomatoes and avocado. Toss again to distribute
7. Add in grain of choice
8. Top with sprouts and serve
Tip: Giving the kale a quick rub makes it less tough and chewy! It’s definitely worth the 2-3 minutes of prep time.
Make a few small changes… and you will be AMAZED at the difference in how you look and feel!
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com