Moroccan Chickpea Chili
- 1/2 cup + 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots and sweet potatoes or squash diced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/3 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbs. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ginger, sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cooked quinoa, wild rice or whole grain of choice
Also delicious over Zucchini noodles, chickpea or black bean pasta!
- In a large saucepan, start to heat about 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add all the veggies, and cool as well for a few minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the rest of the vegetable broth, as well as the rest of the seasonings and ginger. Bring to a boil then lower temperature and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, allowing to reduce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste,
- Ladle over whole grains or pasta of choice in bowls to serve.
Make a few small changes… and you will be AMAZED at the difference in how you look and feel!
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com