Moroccan Chickpea Chili
- 1/2 cup + 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots and sweet potatoes or squash diced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/3 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbs. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ginger, sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cooked quinoa, wild rice or whole grain of choice
Also delicious over Zucchini noodles, chickpea or black bean pasta!
- In a large saucepan, start to heat about 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add all the veggies, and cool as well for a few minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the rest of the vegetable broth, as well as the rest of the seasonings and ginger. Bring to a boil then lower temperature and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, allowing to reduce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste,
- Ladle over whole grains or pasta of choice in bowls to serve.
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com