Moroccan Chickpea Stew with Quinoa
Enjoy the flavours of Morocco with this authentic Moroccan chickpea stew recipe. Ladle quinoa over top and you have the perfect stew recipe to warm you up!
- 1/2 cup + 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/3 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbs. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ginger, sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cooked quinoa (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, start to heat about 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth. Add the onions and garlic, and cook for a few minutes. Add all the veggies, and cool as well for a few minutes.
2. Add the chickpeas and the rest of the vegetable broth, as well as the rest of the seasonings and ginger. Bring to a boil then lower temperature and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, allowing to reduce.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste, Ladle over quinoa (if desired) in bowls to serve.