Nutritiously Spiced Hot Chocolate
Make your own cocoa at home with this easy spiced hot cocoa recipe! Add cinnamon, vanilla & turmeric for flavour, dates to sweeten, and a dash of black pepper to make this warm drink extra special!
· 2 cups milk of choice (oat, almond)
· 4-5 pitted dates
· 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp turmeric
· ¼ tsp black pepper
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
1. Bring milk to a simmer in the microwave or on the stovetop.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender
3. Blend on high for approximately 1 minute. The longer you blend, the more creamy it will become.
4. Pour into 2 mugs. If desired, top with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com