Over the Rainbow Cabbage Salad Recipe
I wanted to share this colorful and nutrient dense salad called Over the Rainbow Cabbage Salad. Cabbage is good for the brain and is useful in the treatment of neural disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. The other nutrients present in cabbage, such as vitamin E, are beneficial for the skin, eyes, and hair. The calcium, magnesium, and potassium found in cabbage are also useful for a wide range of health benefits.
- 350g red cabbages, shredded
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated
- 20g pack parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 green apples, quartered, cored and sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp each sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
For the Dressing
- 2 tsp grated root ginger
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
(View directions below image )
- Prepare all the ingredients for the salad and mix them in a large bowl.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together. Pour over the salad as desired and toss.