Rocking Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
This Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe is packed with healthy vitamins, antioxidants and fibre!
For the filling:
• 1 lb strawberries, hulled and quartered
• 1 lb rhubarb stalks (about 5 or 6) cut into 1 inch pieces
• 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
• 1 tbsp potato starch
• 1/4 cup honey
For the Topping:
• 1 cup quick oats
• 1/2 cup spelt or all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar, not packed
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients for the filling together in an oven safe dish. Mix remaining ingredients for the topping and spread over the fruit.
Bake until topping turns golden brown and fruit starts to bubble about 35 to 40 min… Enjoy!
Rhubarb contains antioxidants like lycopene and anthocyanins as well as a good source of fibre. It also contains vitamin K, and C calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Rhubarb is great in pies, muffins, smoothies and loaves!