For the filling
• 1 lb strawberries, hulled and quartered
• 1 lb rhubarb stalks (about 5 or 6) cut into 1 inch pieces
• 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
• 1 tbsp potato starch
• 1/4 cup honey
For the topping
• 1 cup quick oats
• 1/2 cup spelt or all pupose flour
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar,not packed
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients for the filling together in an oven safe dish. Mix remaining ingredients for the topping and spread over the fruit.
Bake until topping turns golden brown and fruit starts to bubble, about 35 to 40 min.
Rhubarb contains antioxidants like lycopene and anthocyanins and is a good source of fibre. It also contains vitamin K, and C calcium, potassium and magnesium. Rhubarb is delicious in pies, muffins, smoothies and loaves!