Spectacular Sardine Salad
(even if you thought you hated them)
- 2 cans sardines packed in water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of chili powder
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Coconut oil for frying (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 cups watercress
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 2 small purple sweet and mini potatoes
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the sardines in a medium bowl and squeeze the lemon over them. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and dice the potatoes into bit size pieces. Place in boiling water and cook 7-10 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
- For the dressing whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Add in the olive oil while whisking.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium high heat and pan fry for 3 minutes per side until nicely browned and crisp.
- Toss the watercress, arugula, parsley, and potatoes with the dressing.
- Top with sardines and serve.