Spiced Chickpeas Recipe
A great protein snack that can be added to salads and soups.
Serving size: 1/3 – 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 can garbanazo beans (chickpeas)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Pat the chickpeas dry with a towel and the drier the better.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a bowl and add desired seasonings and toss the chickpeas to coat evenly with the seasonings.
- Spread the chickpeas in single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy, shaking the pan every 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
Original: Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
Smoky: ½ teaspoon smoked paprika (may substitute sweet paprika or chili powder), ½ teaspoon ground cumin, pinch of kosher salt
Curry: 1 teaspoon curry powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, pinch of kosher salt
Tagin seasoning: Contains dried chili with lime and a little sea salt
All are yummy…
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com