“Surprise” Chocolate Balls
Enjoy this simple and delicious Chocolate Balls dessert recipe with a surprise nutritious ingredient!
- 19 ounces cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp organic almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups dark chocolate (to be melted)
- Pinch of salt
- Combine chickpeas, honey, sugar, baking soda, almond butter, vanilla and a pinch salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in half cup of the dark chocolate.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze until solid.
- In a double boiler, melt remaining cup of dark chocolate chips, dip the balls into the chocolate until covered, then place back on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze until chocolate has hardened, then store in the refrigerator.
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women’s hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to Marsha Fenwick Nutrition.