The End of Alzheimer’s – My Review
I always like to share new emerging research rather than trends in the world of nutrition and health. You may be hearing in the news lots of talk on brain health and cognitive decline.
I have enjoyed reading the book The End of Alzheimer’s by Dale Bredesen, which is the first program of its kind to address cognitive decline.
My Biggest Takeaways from this Book:
You brain is always “on” and requires a constant supply of proper fuel. The fuel comes from the foods that we eat and what is in the fuel. Like a car on the road your brain functions best when provided with premium fuel.
- Eat foods rich in probiotics such as kefir, kimchi. sauerkraut, live culture yogurt or coconut yogurt for dairy sensitive and kombucha tea.
- Aim for lower carb foods and enjoy healthy fats such as avocado, olive oil, MCT oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, nuts and seeds and fish.
- SMASH is the acronym for salmon, mackerel, anchovies, sardines and herring) are all good choices of fish.
- Enjoy coffee, teas (green, white, chaga), dark chocolate and wine in moderation.
- Meditation, exercise (what you enjoy) and sleep to strengthen and repair.
Purchase The End of Alzheimer’s here. >
For another interesting article related to brain health, click here. >