Avocado Lox on Sweet Potato “Toast”
This fruit is a nutrient-dense powerhouse containing healthy fats, fiber, vitamins A, B6, C, D, K and potassium.
- 1 large sweet potato (cut into thirds)
- 1/2 avocado
- Sliced cucumber
- Wild-caught smoked salmon (lox) + 1 egg (optional)
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into 2 inch-thick slices.
- Place the sweet potato slices in the toaster on high. Toast for about 20 minutes or cooked entirely. Toast a couple of times if needed.
- While the sweet potato is toasting, cook the egg to your preference.
- Cut the avocado and cucumber into slices.
- Top sweet potato toast with avocado, cucumber, smoked salmon and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Be sure to add avocado to your day!!
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com