To strengthen your body’s ability to fight cancer, you’ll want to include some great daily salads consisting of organic raw vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts and homemade dressing. If your digestion does not feel well with raw ingredients , try delicious pureed soups, slow cooker stews or a cinnamon baked apples.
The combination of vitamins, minerals, nutrients and enzymes from fruits and vegetables are a great way to fuel your body throughout treatments if necessary or in keeping your immune system strong.
Fight Cancer with this Superfood Salad Recipe
This Super Salad Recipe contains 6-10 servings per day of fruits and vegetables – ideal for cancer prevention and healing.
- Start with the most nutrient dense dark leafy greens: Kale and Spinach. (Do not exceed 10 cups per day)
- Broccoli (The best source of sulforaphane which promotes liver detoxification, and Indole-3-carbinol, an anticarcinogenic compound )
- Broccoli Sprouts (Concentrated sulforaphane & I3C. Do not exceed 4 cups of sprouts per day)
- Purple cabbage (cheapest source of antioxidants per ounce in the world!)
- Slice of red onion, (yellow or green onions may actually be better)
- Red, Yellow, or Green Peppers
- Mushrooms Bella, Cremini, Shiitake, etc.
- 1/2 an Avocado
- Raw Sunflower seeds (sprouted is better)
- Raw Almonds (sprouted is better)
- Sprouted Garbanzo Beans
- Sprouted Mung Beans
- Sprouted Red or Green Lentils
Top it off with one of these naturally fermented foods:
Bubbies Old Fashioned Sauerkraut
Bubbies is made with only three ingredients: cabbage, water and salt. It is fermented and cured with all natural enzymes intact and there is no vinegar added. (Bubbies Kosher dill pickles are super tasty too.)Look for it in the refrigerated section of your local grocer or health food store.
Kimchi (Pronounced “Kim Chee”)
Kimchi is a spicy Korean version of sauerkraut typically consisting of fermented cabbage, onions, garlic, and pepper. Kim Chi has high concentrations of Vitamin C and Carotene in addition to Vitamin A, B1, B2, Calcium, Iron and beneficial lactic acid bacteria.
Recognized as one of the Top Five “World’s Healthiest Foods” by Health magazine. Also in the refrigerated section.
Repeat: Absolutely no cheese, meat, fruit, or store-bought salad dressing.
Why exclude fruit?
Fruits and vegetables need different digestive juices, and when eaten together can create excess acid and indigestion. That is why it’s a good idea to eat them separately, especially if you are sick. This even includes non-sweet fruits like tomatoes and cucumbers.
Homemade “Zesty Italian” Salad Dressing
This is hands down the healthiest salad dressing on the planet, and it’s super easy and delicious. Here’s how you make it:
- Add 1 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil to your salad
- Add 1 tbsp cold-pressed flax oil to your salad
- Lightly drizzle Organic Apple Cider Vinegar to taste (another super healthy fermented food!)
Then shake on as much of these Four Cancer Fighting Spices as you can stand:
- Organic Oregano
- Organic Garlic Powder
- Organic Turmeric or Curry Powder
- Organic Cayenne Pepper (this will spice it up quick, go easy the first time)
Do u have anymore raw salad dressing recipe. Im fighting Hodgkins lymphoma
Hi Carol, Please contact me directly to discuss nutritional cancer support. https://marshafenwick.com/contact