Tip: Use a mineral-rich bone broth as a base.
- 3-4 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 shredded carrots
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4-8 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- Handful of spinach or kale (optional)
- Add carrot, onion, garlic and ginger to a large pot.
- Cover with broth.
- Cook about 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat; add parsley, lemon juice, and spinach or kale.
- Steep and enjoy!
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com