ONE DISH COD RECIPE WITH CHICKPEAS AND TOMATOES
One Dish Cod Recipe from Malborghetto/Tuscany
This is a five-ingredient, one pan, healthy meal that I love!
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 5 to 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, roughly chopped into pieces
- 1⅔-3/4 lb cod filet
- a few drizzles of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons finely chopped chives or herbs or choice (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chickpeas, tomatoes, and garlic in a medium-large oven-proof skillet or dish. Stir a few times to combine.
- Place the cod into the chickpea and tomato mixture, spooning some of it over the top of the cod, and drizzle with a little olive oil (about 2 teaspoons). Sprinkle with some salt.
- Cook the cod uncovered, or until it is cooked through. It should be opaque and easily flake apart
- Optional: sprinkle the whole dish with chives.
- To plate: Spoon some of the chickpea and tomato mixture onto the plate, and top with a piece of cod.