Plant-Based Quinoa Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 carton (1L) vegetable broth (I like the Imagine Brand)
- 1 can (500 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 tbsp. rosemary, minced
- 1.5 cups kale, chopped small
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Put the onion, carrot, and celery in the pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for approx. 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Pour the vegetable broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, quinoa, rosemary into the pot and cook covered for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is done.
- Add in chopped kale and hemp hearts. Season with salt and pepper as desired
- Cook another 5 minutes and serve!
A wonderful one pot dish which is hearty, nutritious and delicious!! Enjoy!!
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women’s hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to Marsha Fenwick Nutrition.