Rosemary Lemon Chicken Breasts
Rosemary boasts certain antioxidants that can help prevent the formation of HCAs. One study from the University of Arkansas showed that rosemary extract could reduce HCA levels by anywhere from 30 to 100 percent. Pretty cool, right?
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium free-range organic chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5 slices lemon — more for garnishing
- salt and black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a bowl, season the chicken breasts with olive oil, dried oregano, smoked paprika, lemon juice, garlic, lemon slices, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Toss everything very well.
- Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 60 min minutes. Ideally, marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours if you can. Or, marinate overnight without adding the lemon juice and lemon slices. Then, 3 hours before barbecuing the chicken, add the lemon juice and lemon slices.
- Place on bbq and cook well without charring as desired.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary and slices of lemon