Rosemary Lemon Chicken Breasts
Rosemary boasts certain antioxidants that can help prevent the formation of HCAs. One study from the University of Arkansas showed that rosemary extract could reduce HCA levels by anywhere from 30 to 100 percent. Pretty cool, right?
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium free-range organic chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5 slices lemon — more for garnishing
- salt and black pepper
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- In a bowl, season the chicken breasts with olive oil, dried oregano, smoked paprika, lemon juice, garlic, lemon slices, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Toss everything very well.
- Cover the bowl and marinate for at least 60 min minutes. Ideally, marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours if you can. Or, marinate overnight without adding the lemon juice and lemon slices. Then, 3 hours before barbecuing the chicken, add the lemon juice and lemon slices.
- Place on bbq and cook well without charring as desired.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary and slices of lemon
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com
Marsha, my daughter Ricki sent me your website. I’m looking forward to using your recipes. They look sensible! They really appeal to me because I’m a 3 time cancer survivor and try to follow an anti-inflammation diet.