Zucchini Latkes Recipe
Health benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini is packed with beneficial nutrients including Vitamins C and A, potassium, folate, and fiber. All of these contribute to a healthy heart by decreasing the risk of stroke, reducing high blood pressure, and lowering cholesterol.
With the upcoming celebration of lights for both Christmas or Chanukkah I wanted to share this Zucchini Fritter recipe as a yummy healthy substitute for potato latkes.
Let me know if you make them and how this delicious healthy swap does the trick 🙂
For the fritters:
- 1 cup chickpeas, peeled
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup gluten free panko
- 2 teaspoons basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- Mash chickpeas with a fork in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Grate zucchini and carrots. Place in a clean dish towel or cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add veggies, panko, egg, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the mashed chickpeas, and stir until homogenous.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture into your hand press to compress it into a patty.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the underside is golden brown then flip and repeat.
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com