Zucchini Latkes Recipe
Health benefits of Zucchini
Zucchini is packed with beneficial nutrients including Vitamins C and A, potassium, folate, and fiber. All of these contribute to a healthy heart by decreasing the risk of stroke, reducing high blood pressure, and lowering cholesterol.
With the upcoming celebration of lights for both Christmas or Chanukkah I wanted to share this Zucchini Fritter recipe as a yummy healthy substitute for potato latkes.
Let me know if you make them and how this delicious healthy swap does the trick 🙂
For the fritters:
- 1 cup chickpeas, peeled
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup gluten free panko
- 2 teaspoons basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- Mash chickpeas with a fork in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Grate zucchini and carrots. Place in a clean dish towel or cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add veggies, panko, egg, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the mashed chickpeas, and stir until homogenous.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture into your hand press to compress it into a patty.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the underside is golden brown then flip and repeat.
Make a few small changes… and you will be AMAZED at the difference in how you look and feel!
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com