Magical Microgreen Salad
As spring and summer is upon us I love to enhance and change up my salads and bowls to keep them fun, tasty, colourful and nutrient dense. (Scroll down for delicious Microgreen Salad Recipe).
If you are not familiar with microgreens they are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and range of benefits.
Here are some of my favourites:
How to add microgreens to your daily diet?
You can easily incorporate microgreens into your daily life because they are taste enhancers and can be added into many foods…
Magical Microgreen Salad Recipe
- 1 pkg microgreens – I usually choose the sunflower or arugula
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- ½ cup cooked tricoloured beets
- ½ cup blueberries or blackberries
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- coarse sea salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Place the microgreens, radishes. beets, and berries into a serving bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients for dressing, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dress the salad lightly when ready to serve and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Enjoy your powerhouse of nutrients!
Make a few small changes… and you will be AMAZED at the difference in how you look and feel!
Marsha Fenwick, C.N.P. R.R.T.
Marsha is not your typical nutritionist. She began her career 20 years ago as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. Later, she earned her certifications as a Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner. Marsha is also a Certified Cancer Coach. Her clinical practice specializes in: sustainable healthy weight loss, digestive health, women's hormones, diabetes, heart health, and cancer prevention and recovery. For more information and to book a FREE 15 minute consultation go to www.marshafenwicknutrition.com