Razzle Dazzle Rainbow Rice Wraps
Makes about 3 wraps
- 3 rice wraps
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup sliced beets
- ¼ cup sliced mango
- 3 thinly sliced avocado strips
- 3 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 clove minced garlic and ginger
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or to taste)
Optional Protein: Smoked salmon, shrimp, chicken or beef strips, tofu
1. Place rice wraps on a roomy counter or tabletop together with a large bowl of hot water (you will have to dip your fingers in so not too hot).
2. Slip one of the rice wrappers into the hot bowl of water and allow for 30 seconds to 1 minute for it to soften.
3. When the rice paper is soft, remove it from the bowl and place on a clean surface.
4. Add 1/3 of sliced vegetables, 1 slice of avocado in the center of each wrap.
5. Lift the long side of the wrap and tuck it over the filling to create a log-like roll. Fold over one end. Continue by folding the other end over. Roll up the remaining wrap, pressing the end down to secure it.
6. Add protein of choice (chicken, fish, seafood, tofu or tempeh ) to wrap or eat as vegetarian and add protein to the side the of the dish.